Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Appreciate your friends. Continue to learn. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.- Mary Anne Radmacher







Saturday, June 19, 2010

Yikes. I don't even know where to begin.

Today was a horrible, horrible day. Today would be one of those days where I can honestly say, I did not like being his mommy today. (and yes today, for the majority of the day)

Today was Olivia's birthday party. I had a lot to do in a little amount of time, and Joe was at work. I had to get to the store to get groceries and a few things for the party. It was a nightmare, to say the least.

Brodie and Olivia were angels! (Thank goodness!) A.J., on the other hand, wanted everything and wouldn't take no for an answer. I told him I wasn't getting anything that wasn't on my list. First it was Doritos, he was told no and was told to put it back. His reply was, no. And he walked around the store with it, until I took it from him and put it back myself. Then he found peanuts, repeat the aforementioned. Then it was Oatmeal Creme Pies, then it was Hershey's Bars. Everything was a fight and a very loud fight. At first as punishment I told him he couldn't go to a party that he had been invited to that day. By the time we left that store and were on our way home, he was going to that party. I didn't want to be around him. I needed a break from him. I know, consistency is good. And especially for him. But, I just couldn't. I needed to not see or hear him for awhile.

It was such an exhausting day. My mind is busy. So busy that I can't even think to type what is all going on. So, I guess I'm done. Done with this post, done with this day.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry. I hear my sister saying and feeling the same things. My heart breaks for both mother and child. I am praying for better days to come. xo

    ReplyDelete