Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Appreciate your friends. Continue to learn. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.- Mary Anne Radmacher







Thursday, June 17, 2010

After reading and re-reading my last blog, I've decided that my last statement of; 'and though there are days I don't like being his mommy', sounds awful. Really, really awful. I thought I should really rephrase that. But, you know? It's true. Wait...I can rephrase it. Maybe not days just moments. And though it may still sound awful to say that there are moments I don't like being his mommy, it's the truth. And one thing I want this blog to be is raw and totally me and what I'm feeling. There. That's that.

Now, on to the next thing. A day in the life of A.J.:

What went well: There were a lot of things that went well today. How could it not? We went to Chuck E. Cheese. I've never seen this kid get out of bed so fast. :) This is how it went:

"A.J.! Get up!"
Nothing.
"A.J.! Time to get out of bed!"
Nothing.
"A.J.! Get up, we're going to Chuck E. Cheese today!"
A.J. sits STRAIGHT up in bed!

That was a success. A.J. was shown his clothes, which I think I only had to tell him once to put on. (I believe this morning his patch was put on before he got out of bed) Again, success!

Everyone is dressed and ready to go ON TIME! Woo hoo! No fights, no arguments! We need to do Chuck E. Cheese everyday! :)

Chuck E. Cheese was a success. Everyone had a good time. A.J. didn't eat, but played the whole time instead. Shocker. The kid doesn't eat when there aren't any distractions around, throw in the rides and games and there's no way. He picked what he wanted to get with his tickets in a timely manner and when it was time to go, no hassle. Success!

A.J. had a friend over for a few hours after Chuck E. Cheese. I asked them to be quiet so Brodie could nap. They were told to play outside or upstairs. They chose outside and did very well. Brodie, however, was not interested in sleep. (sigh)

The time after his friend went home is kind of a blur, I was dozing on and off. I think his dad came home and they ate some dinner and then he got ready for baseball.

Baseball game at 7:30. We leave the house at 6:15. Joe and I grab some Subway along the way. I drive so Joe can eat. We get to baseball and A.J. and Joe (he's helping coach) head to practice while I sit in the van with a sleeping Brodie and eat my Subway.

A.J. played a good game. He hit well, but they lost. By the time the game started, his medicine has worn off. He is good, but is VERY distracted. (writing in the sand, throwing his glove in the air, making odd noises, etc.) All in all, success!

On the way home, the kids are told when they get home it's jammies and bed. A little bit of arguing and groaning (moreso from his little sis). BUT, we get home and jammies go on.

And I'm in bed.

What went bad:

There are only a couple things I can think of that didn't go well today. When we arrived at Chuck E. Cheese, I told Brodie he couldn't take his blankie in because I wasn't keeping track of it. A.J. heard this and proceeded to grab on tightly to his blankie. I told A.J. he wasn't taking it in because I wasn't keeping track of it and if we lost it, that was it. There's no more. He was NOT happy with this. He held on tight and cried for his blankie. After a bit of a battle and threatening to go home, the blankie was put next to his seat for when he returned.

The second thing must have been pretty minor because I can't even remember now. LOL

Today was a good day. I can only hope the same for tomorrow. I love that kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment